From my perspective a house like this a a real piece of art, and I know that to get a design like this for your house it might cost you a fortune, but when you look at the final result you forget about the money. Now the owners of this house wanted that the library to be the heart of the house, and José Solís Betancourt, the interior designer who renovated this D.C. retreat made their dream come true. You can read more about how this project was made on Architecturaldigest, but in a post like this the images are the most interesting part …
One of the easiest ways to get lots of home interior decoration ideas is to simply surf the internet. On the internet almost everything is free and in these days every single day more and more new content is uploaded, so if you want to feed your home interiors inspiration the internet is the best place. Now if you want a little more help before you start I would like to suggest two articles that might give you some useful informations 7 Most Important Interior Design Principles and Room Color and How it Affects your Mood. After you have the basic idea, you can start to search for pictures with home interiors to feed your imagination. Now I know that most people have their problems, and I’ve decided to post from time to time a collection of home interiors from different designers. For today I’ve selected Timothy Corrigan a man who started designing houses for himself in his free time, and when he started getting requests for his help from friends, Corrigan recalls, “I decided to follow my heart and moved into that world.”. If you want to see more home interiors by Timothy you can check his portofolio.
White is the most commonly used color in interior design, especially in areas where bathing, cleaning and food preparation are prevelant. This is due to the fact that you can see anything that appears on white and wipe it up, keeping the surfaces clean and germ free. White combines well with black to form a stunning high contrast look. With the popularity of minimalist homes, decorating is lending towards using neutrals again. Keeping the interiors crisp white and clean, with often the use of subtle textures in kitchen bench tops, carpet or timber floors. Today I’ve found a great example of using white in interior design, combined with a little black. The final result is an elegant design with clean lines. These pictures are from Martin Dyrlov interior photography portofolio.
Decorating your living room is a good idea. It will save you money and give you significant knowledge about interior designing. Also, you can do it as a pass time or a hobby. But, then things could also go wrong and you could make a fool out of yourself. Therefore, it is always better and recommendable to get your hands full with some ideas about how to go on with decorating your living room. So, here are a few things to know before you take the plunge to decorate your living room.
1. It is always advisable to set off with a plan in your mind and a generic outlook of what your living room should be like. It does mean that you should know every head and tail in advance but a general idea will add the icing on the cake. It will help you during the decoration. As behind every successful project, there is a strategy and a plan, same should be applied here.
2. You should do a lot of research work before deciding on the look of your room. Just go through some magazines or catalogues, or better you can surf on Freshome and search for the designs, colors or styles you are longing for. Just tear the page of the design which you like and keep it aside for future reference. After you get a collection of different designs, try to choose those designs which catch your interests and ideas the most. I agree that a lot of confusion will also prevail but you should be able to think and act fast and come to the conclusion as confusion will eat your time and take you nowhere. Also, once decided, you should not regret. So, you should also decide carefully and be firm by sticking to the decision.
3.Lighting plays a significant role in the success of your decoration. It does create a good ambience. It adds to the shine and glitter of the room, also making our moods shine and glitter. It can spur our senses and raise our oxytocin levels which are responsible for emotional joy. Also, scented candles can bring in an additional spark to the room.
4. Choosing the right furniture is as essential as oxygen is for our body. After choosing, placing the furniture in a proper way is also equally important. Mostly, you should not place the furniture lined up against the wall. Your room will be looking smaller by this kind of arrangement. If you want more tips on how to make a room bigger check our article.
5. Another thing important is making use of the right curtains. Your efforts may seem like a flash in the pan if the curtains are not proper. Mostly, choose the curtains which match he color of the furniture. So, do not lose it all in the last minute just because of one silly mistake.
6. Adding to the most important things, flooring is also another thing that should be kept in mind. It is essential for furnishing. The coverings of the floor can be tiles, carpet or wood. You should see to it that it should be of a similar color or a darker shade than the walls.
7. There should be proper amount of free space for the functioning of daily activities, for e.g. walking. Else, the room will appear like a furniture shop.
8. Any cool accessories could add a zing to your room. You could pick up some pieces from craft shows and flea markets. Mostly, accessories should be artifacts, goodies or some items that you treasure.
9. One could use plants, flora or trees to provide a kind of natural beauty to the atmosphere of the room. It will also fill in the empty spaces, and if you are not convinced yet about the importance of plants in your home check this article.
10. Some interesting paintings can really bring in a wave of deftness to your room. It acts as a style to your room.
Finnaly if you would like to add other tips you can post a comment to this post, and share your oppinion with others.
For something such as a bedroom design you’ll want to think long and hard about precisely what it is that you’re going to do, and today we present another inspirational post from our bedroom interior design inspiration series. Bedrooms are the primary place of relaxation, where we all retire to take a good sleep and refresh, away from the world and worries. The bedroom interior design is extremely important in order to provide that instant feel of relaxation and here are a few tips: the first thing that meets the eyes are the colors used on the walls, carpets and bed set so, they all must be soothing in pastel colors in order to provide a relaxing effect.
Keep the bedroom interior design minimal, neat and always clean but also don’t forget to add some change and color with every season in order to keep it exciting and adventurous. Changing your bedroom interior design should only be done to suit an occasion or festivity as constant major changes will actually induce restlessness instead of relaxation until you get used to the sight and sounds and once again be able to relax and enjoy your bedroom interior design.